

After almost 7 months of being sixteen, Jordan has finally asked a girl out on a date…for Prom, nonetheless. He wasn’t going to go because these date dances are so out of control expensive, but I gave him some great ideas on a low budget. A few of his friends had the same concern so they are going all together and I know they’ll have a blast. We went to Costco and bought 2 dozen pink roses for 14.99 (the regular flower shops charge 54.99 for only one dozen roses). Then we rolled up this poem in a pink ribbon:
K o u r t n e y
Some roses are pink, some roses are white
I would be honored if you would join me
for a fun filled Prom night
We’ll spend the day playing out in the sun
Then get all dressed up for an evening of fine dining,
dancing, and fun
If your answer is yes to going with me,
A pink rose in your hair tomorrow I’ll see
If my offer, however, you must decline
Then your wearing a white one will be my sign.
Sincerely yours,
Jordan Smith
We purposely didn’t give her any white roses so that it would be hard to say no. Prom isn’t for another 5 ½ weeks, but Kourtney is such a cute girl and Jordan didn’t want to risk her already being asked. I remember last year at the 9th grade honors night, she got some award and I told Jordan, “Now that’s a cute girl.” Honor student, athletic, modest, and very naturally beautiful.
Then we went to the high school to deliver it because she was at softball practice. The team said that she wasn’t there, so we then drove to her house. Her mom said that she was at softball practice, but not at the high school because the JV team practices at Vet’s park. So we continued on and found the team practicing on a back field. Allison and a neighbor friend had come along and Jordan thought it would be cute to have them deliver the flowers. They walked over there and asked for Kourtney Blanc. Jordan and I hid in the car parked down the way a little bit. The whole team screamed, “Kourtney you got flowers!” She was playing catcher so she took off her head gear and ran over as the team surrounded her. Today as Jordan was going into his Spanish class he saw her across the hall…she smiled and pointed to her hair where she had a pink rose in her headband! He’s going with these top notch boys and I couldn’t be more excited.
K o u r t n e y
Some roses are pink, some roses are white
I would be honored if you would join me
for a fun filled Prom night
We’ll spend the day playing out in the sun
Then get all dressed up for an evening of fine dining,
dancing, and fun
If your answer is yes to going with me,
A pink rose in your hair tomorrow I’ll see
If my offer, however, you must decline
Then your wearing a white one will be my sign.
Sincerely yours,
Jordan Smith
We purposely didn’t give her any white roses so that it would be hard to say no. Prom isn’t for another 5 ½ weeks, but Kourtney is such a cute girl and Jordan didn’t want to risk her already being asked. I remember last year at the 9th grade honors night, she got some award and I told Jordan, “Now that’s a cute girl.” Honor student, athletic, modest, and very naturally beautiful.
Then we went to the high school to deliver it because she was at softball practice. The team said that she wasn’t there, so we then drove to her house. Her mom said that she was at softball practice, but not at the high school because the JV team practices at Vet’s park. So we continued on and found the team practicing on a back field. Allison and a neighbor friend had come along and Jordan thought it would be cute to have them deliver the flowers. They walked over there and asked for Kourtney Blanc. Jordan and I hid in the car parked down the way a little bit. The whole team screamed, “Kourtney you got flowers!” She was playing catcher so she took off her head gear and ran over as the team surrounded her. Today as Jordan was going into his Spanish class he saw her across the hall…she smiled and pointed to her hair where she had a pink rose in her headband! He’s going with these top notch boys and I couldn’t be more excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment