February 18 to 24, 2007
Today we went to church and Brendan taught a great lesson on the miracles of Christ in Gospel Doctrine. We came home and had lunch and then Brendan had to leave to catch a flight to Arizona for a business trip. He never goes out of town anymore, but he had to go down for part of the audit this year. He plans on having dinner with Jessica, Joel, and Cassie tomorrow night so that will be fun. Jordan and I went to the Eagle Court of Honor for Tanner Skousen, Harrison Hinz, and Jeff Pinckney tonight. They had a live Eagle come which was so cool. What a beautiful bird that is so close up! We hurried back home because it’s the 3rd Sunday which means dinner at Grandmas! Ed and Maria came over and my mom made her famous tacos which are everyone’s favorite.
Brendan and I left Friday morning to St. George for our annual tradition of attending the Parade of Homes. We usually go down with the Pedens and Campbells, but it was only Pedens this year. We picked up Debra and drove away during a huge snow storm. It took us about a half an hour just to get to the freeway. Thank goodness that Brendan was at the wheel. I always feel completely safe when he’s in control. We saw about 7-8 homes that day and had dinner at the Cracker Barrel. Richard had to work, so he joined us at the condo late that night after he drove all the way down by himself. We saw all the homes and especially loved the basement that was decorated like the Pirates of the Carribean. We fell in love with a master bedroom decorated in tans, browns, and aqua blue. We hope to do our room like that soon. We bought a painting at one of the homes with those colors in it to give us the needed inspiration. We went to see “Wild Hogs” together on Saturday night. It’s one of the funniest movies we’ve ever seen. We had dinner at Ruby River where we had great steak and the best baked sweet potatoes ever! I HAVE to make them at home. The kids had spent the weekend at Ed and Maria’s so we stopped by there to pick them up on the way home. The kids had so much fun. Ed was great and took Jordan track shoes shopping all day Saturday. Shoe shopping with Jordan is a nightmare so I was really grateful that he did that!
Monday I had Activity Days. We watched the mailbox and talked about being good friends and neighbors. I got caught up on all the recordkeeping for the girls.
Tuesday Brendan and I went to Jordan’s parent teacher conference. He has been blessed with the greatest teachers and we have been so happy with Lehi High School. His Debate teacher said that he wouldn’t be surprised if Jordan took State in Debate his Senior year. He also checked his Debate points and told us that he had lettered this year which doesn’t happen very often for Sophomores! We are so excited. I guess we will have to save up to buy him a letterman’s jacket and we’ll be adding track this spring and football to it next fall when he finally will play Varsity. His History teacher told us that Jordan scored the highest in all of his classes on their last test and that he wants him to take AP History next year. I think it will be great. Between his success in history and debate, he’s got a great start toward his law school goal. Even his science teacher had nice things to say and told us that he’s been doing a lot better in there. But of course we are going on 11 years of hearing, “He’s a great student except that he talks too much” from most of his teachers.” What else is new? We are just so proud that he’s so well rounded in academics and in athletics. He’s also really responsible with work and still wants to go to scouts each week that he can.
Wednesday the 28th was just crazy. I spent the morning finishing up bow orders and then I went up to Salt Lake to deliver two and inventory the Sandy store. I got back just in time to pick up Allison. We did homework and then I drove her to musical theatre and went straight to Jake’s Parent teacher conference. His math teacher is expecting her first baby and said that she wants to clone parts of Jake and put them in her baby. Everyone just loves his sweetness and his desire to please and his helpful and kind nature. Brendan picked up Allison on his way home from work since I was still at the Jr. High at 5:30. We had soup and sandwiches and then Brendan and Jake ran to the church to perform the “Haka” for our ward’s Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. I cleaned up the kitchen while they were gone and then we all went to Debbie’s new house to help move her in, but by the time we got there, they were all done. We felt so bad, but we just couldn’t get there one minute earlier.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment