

Some seasons of American Idol are definitely better than others. This years was one of our favorites ever. Unfortunately our top choice ,Danny, came in third and our next choice, Adam ,came in second. But we knew it was a season worth going to the concert. We got tickets on-line the second they went on sale.
We had it circled on our calendar for a few months. Then Brendan needed to have surgery on both hands to fix his carpal tunnel problems. He scheduled his first of two surgeries for the morning of the concert!! I told him that wasn't a good idea, but he said he'd be fine. Ok.....but it won't be, I thought to myself.
The morning of July 15th came and the hospital called that his surgery was scheduled for 1:00 PM. Kinda pushing it, I thought again. We got to the hospital and the doctor had an emergency come up that delayed Brendan's surgery to 3:00. Great....there's no way we'll make it to the concert now. His surgery went well and he was in post-op by 3:45. Now the hard part for him...recovery. After being through 5 knee surgeries with Brendan I know how hard it is for him to come out of anesthesia. He is always violently sick and it takes him hours to stabalize enough to get released. We only had 2 hours until we needed to be on our way to the concert. He acted extremely loopy and funny and drugged up....not normal for him at all. He seemed to be ok enough to be released by about 5:30. But then the fun began. He got sick in the car and couldn't move by the time we pulled up in the garage. He basically crawled into the house and made it as far as the couch. He insisted that I go up and get his clothes to change, bring him some nausea medicine and that he would be fine.
We left for the concert at 6:30 with a puke bowl in tow. Oh.....the things we do sometimes. It was up to me to get our whole family up to the E center in 30 minutes during traffic safely. Are you kidding me? Me? The one who doesn't drive past 7200 south--ever!
Made it just in time! By intermission poor Brendan was finally himself again and we all enjoyed the concert so much. We met the Gledhills up there and had fun spending that time with them. Too bad we couldn't do dinner or more fun before. Everyone of the finalists were amazing. Even the ones that weren't that great on the show did a great job at the concert. The anticipation for Danny and Adam were too much. We loved them!!! Kris was the American Idol winner, but Adam really stole the show. That is until he took off his jacket and wore only a vest and started acting a little too gay for my comfort. Awesome performer though!
It was fun to have Nicole come with us since we bought her a ticket back in May before "the breakup." We weren't sure how that would all work out. We all had a good time together. After the concert we grabbed some burgers (Brendan was finally hungry). Jordan and Nicole drove separately and went to a late dinner and then to the midnight show of Harry Potter. Oh, to be young again and be able to function on a few hours sleep....those were the days of a LONG AGO. Crazy day for all of us, but what a great memory!



5 comments:
ha ha. "a little too gay for my comfort."
What an eventful day! I'm glad Brendan recuperated that fast and you were all able to enjoy the show. I bet it was amazing!
How fun! I can't believe poor Brendan got in the car with a puke bowl! Now, I know that a lot of people like to get drugged and concerts...but usually the puking come AFTER not During....
So glad that he felt better in time!
Hugs, Julie
Crazy, I hadn't realized you guys all went to the concert the same day Brendan had Surgery. Thats nuts! Talk about die hard fans. We didn't watch any of this last American idol season so we don't really know any of the contestants this time around, but I'm sure the concert was awesome.
Glad it was a fun night.
Pam
That was such a fun concert! It was fun hooking up with you guys there. I STILL haven't posted on this yet......I am so behind!
Post a Comment