As I sit today missing my son who has moved away to college, I can't help but count my blessings that he is only 30 minutes away and I can talk to him whenever I want. It's just different, and I hate it. I don't think you actually realize that when you give birth to that beautiful little baby that the goal is for them to become independant of you and LEAVE YOU! But it's what is "supposed" to happen. So again, I count my blessings.
But what isn't supposed to happen is for little ones to leave earth so soon. Today would be Livvy's 13th birthday. Sweet, beautiful, funny, little Livvy. Our neighbor and Allison's bestest buddy.
But what isn't supposed to happen is for little ones to leave earth so soon. Today would be Livvy's 13th birthday. Sweet, beautiful, funny, little Livvy. Our neighbor and Allison's bestest buddy.
They were attached from head to toe. Neither one of them would eat unless they were together. They loved putting on bright pink lipstick and playing dress up everyday. They sang silly songs and made up little dances to them. And on and on they would play from sun up to sun down always together...always laughing...until that fateful summer day a little over 9 years ago. It's not for us to question and I know we don't understand the full picture, but it's hard to figure out why the Lord needed her back so soon.
Livvy we treasure every single memory and photgraph that we have of you. Allison's life was touched forever by you and we will never forget you. Happy Birthday Olivia Newton John, as Brendan used to always teasingly call her.
Livvy we treasure every single memory and photgraph that we have of you. Allison's life was touched forever by you and we will never forget you. Happy Birthday Olivia Newton John, as Brendan used to always teasingly call her.
Today also marks 6 months since Gracie left her earthly life. 6 months....that's such a long time. Tom and Michele's strength and testimony are an example to us all. Gracie is the toughest little girl I know and I know that she is blessing heaven with her little spunk. I just wish we could all see it and enjoy her with us. She was such a miracle from the beginning. Once she was home, I really thought that she had beat the odds and was here to stay. She was such a little fighter and I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to know her just a little bit during her short earthly stay. But again, we have to have faith and trust in the Lord's wisdom and plan.
Two little girls that touched our family forever.
Two little girls that we will never forget.
Two little girls that suffered more than their share on this earth so that the rest of us could reflect more closely on our blessings.
Two little girls that helped us remember what is really important in this life.
Two little girls who are now two little angels in heaven watching over all of us and helping us try harder to be worthy to see them again.


7 comments:
Touching
Thanks for sharing.
Pam
It's so hard when little loved ones leave us so early, I thank the Lord every day that my family is still all together at the end of the day, you just can't take that for granted.
Thanks for the tender thoughts.
Those pictures are priceless. What a good reminder to not take life for granted.
beautiful tribute. I wish with ALL my heart that I had a better understanding of why we have to lose beautiful little ones when they are so young. To all the beautiful little angels in heaven - we love and miss you!
I was just thinking about Livy the other day Leslie. What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.
What a sweet post and beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.
So beautifully said Leslie! You are a gifted writer. I am so grateful for your service to me and our Gracie Girl. Because of that service, you were able to get to know her better than almost anyone else, what a special place I have in my heart for you.
Our little Geeg, I'm sure she misses her 'Aunt Leslie'! We sure do have a cute angel looking over us don't we?
And sweet little Livy. You just don't forget things like that, none of us will.......ever.
Two beautiful girls...we miss you dearly!
Post a Comment