We arrived Saturday just in time for the boys to change and head out to the Priesthood session of conference with Joel, Anthony, Cameron, and Spencer and then out to a boy's only dinner.
The girls and kids had a BBQ at Jess's , colored easter eggs and then we went to the park...in the evening...without coats.....and it was warm! Except for Cassie who decided that it might be fun to stand in the park water fountains. Kinda not the best idea :(
Sunday the little kids had a blast searching for eggs and getting their Easter Basket goodies from the Easter Bunny. Our kids "endured" that part of the day well. (Such a bummer having older kids sometimes). Then we all got comfy and watched General Conference as a family. Well, some of us watched it while some of us got a little too comfy and cozy...we weren't used to waking up to our alarm at 6:30 named "Cannon."
What a treat it was to listen to our prophet and our leaders. I think President Ucthdorf is unanimously the family favorite speaker. Brendan's mom made us ham, cheesy potatoes, homemade rolls, and salad for a great family dinner.
We spent the rest of the week shopping, swimming and eating at Brendan's aunt Stephanie's house, . .
. . . swimming at Stephanie's neighborhood clubhouse pool which was surrounded by sand and palm trees (just like the ocean without all the waves and salt), eating at Filibertos for Taco Tuesday, the girls went to an awesome RS/YW activity on body image, the boys went golfing 3 times, and the grown ups and our two kids snuck out to see a late night movie while grandma stayed with the sleeping little ones one night. The adults also got to attend a session in the beautiful Mesa Temple. One of my missionary mom friends, RaShel, lives in Mesa so she and I hooked up at the temple and spent several hours later chatting over lunch and touring her beautiful home! I drove the 30 minutes back to Jessica's ALL by myself! I only mention this because I know those that really know me will be shocked at this revalation. But Brendan's mom let us borrow her GPS for the trip and it has changed my life and liberated the scaredy cat driver that has haunted me my whole life. I felt so grown up! Ha ha!
The best part was just having late night talks on the couch and cuddling with Skyler. Poor little guy got smothered by the overly anxious arms of Allison, Savana, and Sidney. He is an angel and the absolutely cutest little "man" and was very patient with the attention and fuss and noise all week.I always think I take too many photos during an event, but when I get home I realize that I didn't do a very good job. I wish I had some of all of us and I didn't see one of Cassie. But we have many memories of this trip and are so glad we went! Thanks Jess and Joel for putting us all up and being amazing hosts. We hope to come down more often and can't wait to see you guys up here this summer.











5 comments:
Darling pictures!
That sounds like a perfect Spring Break to me.
I'm totally with you Leslie on the scary driving thing. I'll have to talk Dan into getting us a GPS system one of these days.
Thanks for sharing
I'm glad you all had a fun, safe trip.
I can't wait to be able to snuggle Skyler.
Pam
What a fun trip. We also spent Spring Break in AZ - so lovely! Family get-together/vacations are the best.
Oh My Goodness that was so much fun! I loved loved LOVED having you guys here! I agree with the previous comment....family get together vacations are THE BEST! I loved every second of it and MISS YOU ALL TONS!!!
So I'm finally getting around to reading this! What a great post! We had a blast!!! So sorry about my three little alarm clocks. I bet you guys weren't sad when we left. You got some great pictures that I need to steal!
Adorable!! That picture of cannon and jake is just precious. I really missed out!!!
Post a Comment