Saturday, March 14, 2009

We're now 3 for 3

It's official. We are now the proud parents of 3 teenagers. Our baby girl turned 13 last month. I just haven't felt like blogging or downloading any photos ever since Gracie passed away. I have neglected my family, my house, my work, and everything else for the last two weeks. While there will never be a "normal" without her, I will move toward a "new normal" as I try to get back to business.
Allison had a great time having a party with her closest friends...it was hard for her to narrow down the list. Jr. High has been such a blast and she seems to have an abundance of new friends. They played all sorts of games for hours, laughed like only jr. high girls do, and got very silly!
I seem to be able to find something that she "needs" wherever I go so I have been collecting her birthday presents as soon as Christmas was over. She came home from school to find our table decked out just for her, including her very own mini chocolate cake! Earlier in the day, I checked her out of school and we went to lunch. She chose Wendy's. Though not fancy, we had so much fun dunking ou fries in our chocolate Frosty and chatting the time away. We went to Old Navy before heading back to school to get some new jeans because she keeps outgrowing her pants every few months!

Her very most favorite present?........Well, that would be MAKE-UP. We had decided that 13 is the magic number at our house for this right of passage. She is still experimenting with just the right look, but mainly wears mascara only. I've been pointing out examples of too much makeup for the last year! I think she got the message.

I'm just glad that she's still our little cuddle bug and kisses us goodnight...usually 5 or 6 times each night. She is slowly putting her baby dolls away, but is such a great babysitter, especially to her dozens of cousins. She is learning the ropes of having 8 classes to be responsible for...7th grade doesn't count, right? I love watching her progress every week as she dances with Colleen. She is now doing some of the dances I used to do. She has a long way to go, but she's having so much fun. Practicing the piano is becoming more of a challenge these days, but who ever liked to practice anyway? She loves her Young Women's group and leaders. What a crazy year this has been for her. It's so sad to see her grow up, but it's also so much fun to see what a beautiful young lady she is becoming. It's a time of lots of ups and downs in her life, but we're excited for all the fun times ahead!

3 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

I am glad you are back. Allison is such a beautiful girl. What a fun birthday! Where does the time go? How is it POSSIBLE that she is 13? I say that with every ones birthday - but SERIOUSLY....where does the time go?

Julie and Carlos said...

Oh, Leslie I'm so glad you posted this! It's so good to celebrate the good things in life that we have! Happy Birthday Allison! Now that you are an official teen - you know everything, your parents know nothing, and you should ignore everything they say. In fact, I think that THICK THICK black eyeliner is the way to go. Okay - I'm totally kidding. You should know that you have the best parents in the world and to listen to them! Good luck with finding your new "look" - although you are so naturally beautiful that very little will go a long way! Hugs, Julie

Debbie Hadley said...

I still can't believe Allison is a teenager! What a fun time of life. It looks like she had a fabulous birthday. We love you Allison!