I really LOVE to spoil those that I love, but once a year I feel a little of it myself. This year was no exception. I really loved my birthday this year because it was filled with many different intimate moments with family and friends. I didn't have a big party filled with lots of people. Instead, I experienced lots of little celebrations throughout the week with those that mean the most in my life.
I spent my birthday weekend "working" at the scrapbook expo. My friend and neighbor is a partner for the expo and needed a few helping hands. I volunteered working at one of the booths. Since it was only a few days, I had SO much fun helping set up all this great scrapbook stuff and then working the register and restocking. I got paid by the company plus was given tons of fun product. It was honestly so much fun! Everyone had cleaned the whole house while I was gone which is always my favorite gift.
Saturday night we drove down to Provo to have dinner at Brick Oven. Their salad and pasta bar were calling my name. It was nice to be with just our family. I was pleasantly surprised that Jordan decided to come with us and missed out on a friend's birthday party. That meant a lot. Forgot my camera, dangit!
Sunday I found presents and balloons at the table from Brendan and Allison. Brendan was gone to meetings for much of the day, but still spent every minute home making me feel special and pampered. I just love him so much because he makes me feel that way everyday! He made all the meals for the day and baked my favorite oatmeal cookies. Brendan apologized for not baking a cake, but didn't think he could pull that off. Just then, Ed and Maria called and said they were all coming over with a freshly baked cake! Yummy! I love having my little munchkins over even if they pull faces for the camera.


We tried and tried for smiles, but they just couldn't resist these poses. It was wonderful to receive phone calls from family members, especially from my mom and dad who are so far away. Thank you for everyone who called, emailed, and wished me a Happy Birthday on facebook....I still don't get why everyone loves that, but that's a whole different post.
Monday I was so excited to go to lunch with Michele and Jenny. We went to the newly opened Zupas and fell in love with the food. We ended up getting some treats from Dippy-Dee's and enjoying them at Michele's. Her home has such a special spirit there and Jenny and I were missing it after celebrating Gracie's one year old birthday just a few days before. It was so great to spend some time at Michele's and reflect on life, death, friendship, and eternity.

We have grown so much closer this past year, if that is even possible, and the bond I feel with them is one of my most treasured blessings. SO MUCH has happened since we celebrated my birthday together last year. Wow! What a year it's been. They gave me this beautiful necklace that I love so much. I have worn it every chance I get.

On my way home from Michele's, I got a text from Jordan's friend Liz. It said, "Don't make dinner tonight." OK...no one has to pull my leg to not cook. I couldn't believe it. She and Nicole spent all afternoon planning and preparing this delicious, gourmet italian meal. They know I love Italian food and that I also love seafood. They brought over fettucini with a white clam sauce, italian salad complete with peppers and olives, and garlic bread.
They both can't stand seafood and said they were gagging as they were opening the clam cans, but that they had to do it just for me. Is that the nicest thing ever?!!!! I know that when I was their age, I had never pulled off a meal like that. I'm barely getting there now at age "old." I invited them to eat with our family. We had a great evening and the food was fabulous! (They ate it, but picked out the clams.) I have since added the recipe to our family favorites!
Wednesday my awesome neighborhood friends took me out to lunch. We were going to go to the old Cafe Rio stand by, but tried the newly opened Rubios instead. It's so much fun to have all these new restaurants open up so close. We ended up eating and chatting for 3 hours! So fun!
Then the following week on Friday, Debra and I took each other out to lunch to celebrate both of our birthdays that are just one week apart. We ate lunch at Dear Lizzie which has "Debra's flair" all around. It was a beautiful lunch spent with a beautiful, cherished friend.
There you have it....a wonderful way to celebrate turning old. Thank you to everyone for being such a special part of my life. I am so blessed to be surrounded by some of the best people on earth!
5 comments:
What a great way to spend your week! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! Thank goodness for the internet so we can share pictures and comments huh! Happy 30th birthday! You look younger every year!
What an awesome birthday, to be surrounded by so many friends and family members, wish we could have joined in. Happy birthday!
i'm glad you had a great birthday. you have such great kids because you are a good person.
Hope your new friends can join in on the birthday celebration, even though it may be a few weeks delayed. Happy Birthday!
Wow, you were spoiled!!!...but you totally deserve it! I'm glad you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment