Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Organized at last...

Besides the kitchen, I spend most of my time in the office paying bills, doing my bow business paperwork, scrapbooking, and of course, wasting valuable time on the computer. Everyone that knows me knows that I can't function in chaos. I have to have things organized and put away. So how in the world did I let the office get this bad?!!!!!!

I know, I know. I can't believe it either, and no, I didn't mess it up on purpose for "before" pictures. This is how I lived in my cluttered office for years! When the kids had a school project we moved to the floor. It drove me nuts, but everytime we looked into doing something in there the estimate was in the thousands $$$$ and we couldn't justify it when there are so many other demands on our resources for example, 3 teenagers. Enough said.

Well, one day we happened to be at Home Depot and ran across some nice looking cabinets that were being clearanced out for $100. We both did a double take and quickly tried to find 4 matching ones. After searching the whole store for the 4 cabinets they showed in inventory we got down to business. Just emptying the office was a two day project. Then Brendan painted it, hung the cabinets, we changed our mind and he pulled them off one wall and rehung them on another wall (I know, he's a saint sometimes). Then the fun part began. It took me 2 to 3 days to put everything back and ORGANIZE all my crap! But at the end of the whole thing, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief and sit back and finally enjoy being in the office. Now I can waste even more time on the computer because it feels so much better being in there.

June 27, 2009

While on the subject of home improvement....let me introduce you to a couple of my new best friends....

I got a new washer and dryer for Mother's Day and let me tell you how much my life has changed with these two beauties!!! 8 to 10 loads of laundry are now done in 3. A load full of jeans takes only 30 minutes to dry (all at once) and so does a load full of towels!

HEAVEN!

6 comments:

bunkerfamily said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOE your office!!!!! It looks so AWESEME!!!!!
It looks like you have been having a great summer!!!! I cant believe though that we havent got together yet!!!! I am also soooooo excited that Jake and Riley are on the golf team thats going to be sooooo much FUN!!!!! Also when we moved here and set up the internet my blog just started working again!!! Now I just need to get blogging!!!!! Oh and what a cute little nephew.

Cindy Smith said...

I'm so jealous! We are in desperate need of something like that. Especially in our laundry room, there are no cabinets in there to put stuff so it is all on top of the washer and dryer.

T Fowler said...

WOW! That looks great. Since I'm in the middle of laundry (3rd load of jeans), I'm quite envious of your new washer and dryer. Isn't odd what we get excited about now?

Winnie said...

I am so jealous!! Great looking office and great looking washer and dryer. (If I were there in person, I would be stroking them longingly.)

Me, Myself and I said...

WOW!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the office! And LOVE the new appliances! THEY ROCK!!! I love anything that saves time!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo, it looks so nice!! I love it!! It was fun to see our 'friends' picture and Gracie's funeral program in your old office!

I will have to see it in person sometime!

Also, thanks for inspiring me on the new washer and dryer, I am going to get me some of those!