Only a month late, but at least it's documented right?
Halloween certainly isn't what it used to be around here with little kids to dress and put make up on while trying to make sure they have something warm in their tummy and on their body before going out. Now I just get a, "See you later Mom!" after I try to snap a few photos for memory sakes.
Jordan had a fun theme of Disneyland's Haunted House at the bank where he works. I couldn't pass the chance to see his costume as Jack from the Nightmare before Christmas. Good thing I had a deposit to make!
Allison told me that she wanted to dress up like an 80's girl. I guess that is the ultimate sign of being old....when your kids want to dress like you did as a teenager for Halloween. I went to my closet and pulled out my little box of favorite old things and only had to go buy her big, bright earrings. Yep, this is exactly how I used to dress. Belt and hair and hot pink unitard! Doing her hair was the best. It all came back to me like it was yesterday. Blow drying the "wings" on the side and curling, ratting, and spraying the claw bangs. Allison couldn't stop laughing and asking, "Really Mom? You really used to do your hair like this? REALLY?"
She decided to have a Halloween party at our house with the girls her age in the ward. They dressed up, made pumpkin shaped pizzas, and watched "Watcher in the Woods." (An old Disney classic for those my age.) They had so much fun and loved being scared during the movie.
The next day, we had a ward Halloween party at Classic Skating. Brendan wasn't going to dress up at all, but suprised us all when he came downstairs dressed in this get up. What the heck???? He said that if Allison was going to be a girl from the 80's, she needed an "F-dude" by her side. So funny!!!! They both won the costume contest and a bag of candy!
(Jake didn't dress up or want to participate much in family Halloween fun this year......he'll change his mind next year when he sees himself absent this year in our Halloween album, I hope.)






4 comments:
Allison's hair is AWESOME! She looks so much older dressed like that. It makes me wonder if one day we will laugh about the way we dress right now. Way to go Brendan for dressing up...love it!
Leslie, I cannot believe how much she looks like you did in the eighties. I've never thought that Allison looked THAT much like you, so funny!
What's not to love about the 80's?!
Awesome pictures.
Pam
How funny, I think I've seen a picture of you somewhere in those exact same clothes :) I can just imagine you getting her all ready and her laughing about the hair. How fun! Unforturnately the only thing I kept from that era was my Mary Lou Retton leotard and it is too cold here to wear that for Halloween!
Post a Comment