Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Time Out for Women"

Every once in a while, we girls really need a Time Out. Jenny told us about this seminar put on by Deseret Book a few months ago. It was like an education week/stake women's conference all in one. We were priviliged to hear inspiring stories from people like Sheri Dew, Emily Watts, Kris Belcher, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Michael Wilcox, and Wendy L. Watson, wife of Elder Russell M. Nelson. Hillary Weeks also played and sang during the conference which was two days long held in Salt Lake.

A few pieces of their talks that really touched me were:

"Children aren't necessarily the fruit of our parenting. The fruit may be the change in us BECAUSE of the experiences we've had in raising them."

"If Heavenly Father only gave us trials that we could handle, then we wouldn't need Christ."

"Sometimes we act as if we're going to stay here (on earth.) But we can't, we aren't, and we won't. So set your priorities and live for eternity, not for today."

"Instead of just making a To Do list to keep you on track, make one and pray about it to make sure you are focusing on what the Lord would have you do."


It's always so fun to hang out with my two of my favorite girlfriends! Jenny and Michele are one in a million. I love them for so many different reasons. We have shared all of our ups and downs for the past ten years and I wouldn't trade them for anything. It was so fun to chat about the things we learned, of course it was fun to eat together, and one of the best part of the whole thing was being able to say "I'm friends with that girl with the cool purse!"

Michele got stopped constantly and asked about her purse. It was funny how often this happened. We were crossing the street the first day to go to our car and these two ladies literally were looking inside it to find the tag of the brand so they could buy it. Michele got it in California and we teased her to say to people, "Oh I made it!"

3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Leslie,
Thank you for sharing, and especially the quotes. Each one inspired me today in a unique way.
I love that you have good life long friends to share moments like these with.
Loves,
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

I loved those quotes too, very insightful. I've been to Time Out the past three years now and have really enjoyed the "time out". It's always a good drive away though so we usually stay in a hotel and go out to eat also. Poor Chris has to fend without me for a few days...

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm glad you got to have a "time-out." I could definitely use one of those. Thanks for sharing those awesome quotes. I love Michele's purse too!....very cute!