The Saturday before Jordan entered the MTC, we planned a trip to the Salt Lake Temple with our whole family. Nicole came with us too. She realized she didn't have her recommend with her when we were almost to SLC and too late and too far to go back. After a few phone calls, and some prayers, she was able to get clearance from her bishop and was able to go in with us. Whew!
Jordan performed the baptismal ordinances with Nicole, Jake, and Allison. I got to watch. I was overcome with such a beautiful feeling of joy and pure love as I watched my two boys in the font dressed in white, together, pure and worthy, in service to our Heavenly Father and his children. It just doesn't get much better than that.
Jordan changed and joined Brendan and I on a session while the other kids went to the Church History Museum for a few hours. It was quite the experience to go through that beautiful temple with our son. After the session, we got to participate in doing some sealings. as well. Jordan got to experience so much that day. It was long, but so worth it.
What a blessing we have of being a family for time and all eternity.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a great experience that must be to take your whole family to the temple, I can't wait for that day! And to have Jordan able to go through a session with you guys, just awesome!
What a neat day! I love your new family photo by the way.
What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment