Saturday, February 20, 2010

I instigated this?

I don't like being cold.

I don't really get excited about out of control speeds.

I prefer cozy, at home activities surrounded with family and friends and food.

So I don't know what got into me when I decided we needed to go to Soldier Hollow and try the tubing hills. Not only is this a cold activity, but we had reservations to go at 6:00 pm (not even a chance of sunshine to warm up the wintery weather). I dressed in about 4 or 5 layers and got lot's of weird look from my kids. Nicole said I looked like I had gained 20 lbs from all my "bulkiness."

But guess what! I stayed warm! We all stayed warm and we ALL had so much fun. Of course the boys were fearless and took the hills with a running start onto their tubes. I was a little more cautious to begin with but it wasn't quite as fun as everyone else seemed to be having. Then we all figured out the fastest runs and we all hooked our tubes together!

Not sure how to put this in a scientifically correct way, but we discovered that Weight + Mass = Speed! It was hard to see with so much snow spraying in our faces from all of us trying to "put on the brakes." We ran into the fence at the end quite a few times, but we finished the night with smiles on our faces and all our bodies in one piece.

Allison and her favorite person in the whole world....her Daddy!

Oops....Jordan knocked Nicole down with his tube!

Jake tried to avoid the camera all night, but I got a couple of shots in. Look at the creepy ninja that sneaked into the back of the second picture!

Here is a video of one of our runs.....

1 comment:

Cindy Smith said...

How fun for you all to go together like that, we've been sledding a lot lately too although the hills here aren't quite as nicely groomed as that one looks... it does make for some wild rides!