Friday, June 18, 2010

Golfing with a Giant

Brendan got to participate in a golf tournament today at work. He sent this photo to my cell phone so it was really small and hard to really see the details. I thought to myself, "What's that giant cardboard cutout of a guy doing in the photo?" When I asked him about it he replied, "That's Shawn Bradley. He's 7'6"!" HOLY COW!!! It's an acual person!! Brendan looks tiny next to him. He's not a small guy at 6'2" and just over 200 lbs but man.......These big guys are all dwarfed by him! Can you imagine trying to swing at a little ball on the ground from that high up?

Brendan had a great time, a great lunch, and got to spend the day with great friends! They called their tournament "The Boys of Steel." He came home with a new golf shirt and a very nice tan!! He was home for just a few minutes and then took Jake out to hit some balls in preparation for our ward's Father's Day tournament tomorrow. He and Jake are on a team together and are really excited.

I'm obviously missing something because I really don't understand why golf is so much fun, but I'm glad he and Jake have a passion that they enjoy together.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That picture is hilarious! Imagine if you and I were standing there--we would look tiny next to the other men, but next to Shawn Bradley we would look like 3rd graders!!

Ariana said...

My older brother was in the MTC at the same time as Shawn Bradley...he has a picture of the two of them standing in the laundry room. I think my brother came up to his belly button. That dude is TALL! (my brother is pretty short, so it's extra funny looking)

Debbie Hadley said...

How fun! Shawn Bradley is crazy tall!!! I'm with you...I don't see the fun in golf, but to each his own, right?

Winnie said...

What a fun day for Brendan!

I saw Shawn Bradley once walking towards me on campus at BYU once. I was walking down some steps and I tripped on the last two steps because he was so tall that I thought I was done with the steps before I actually was! (I think I came up to his hips.)

Julie and Carlos said...

WOW! He makes Brendan look like he's 5'5"! I wonder why he didn't take up Basketball instead of Golf!

Cindy Smith said...

Wow! Caden said, "he must have had a big golf club". That's hilarious you thought he was a cardboard cutout, do they even make those that big?
I think it's great that Brendan and Jake have something like golf they can share, you'll have to tell us how the father and son tournament went.