
Today we said good-bye to my mom and dad for 18 months. We were a little spoiled in that they went into the MTC 2 weeks ago, but they got to come sleep at home each night and say good-night. But tonight Brendan and I drove them to Salt Lake where they are staying in a hotel for a few days as they complete their training at the Church offices and then they catch their plane to Colombia early Saturday morning. Tonight they came back from the MTC and we had a nice family dinner. Ed's family was here too for a few hours. I made soup and rolls. We took a few photos with all the grandkids, then we loaded the car with LOTS of luggage, and then Allison played, "God Be With You Till We Meet Again," which she just learned to play by herself from the hymnbook. It was not easy to keep our composure during the song. We had a family prayer and then the kids said a tearful goodbye and had to go to bed since it was almost 10. Brendan and I drove them to their hotel in Salt Lake and helped them get situated. It was so hard to let go of our last hug for 18 months. We looked up from the parking lot as we drove away and saw them waving from their hotel room several floors up. I'm so thankful that they are in good health and have such a desire to serve this mission. They are going to be working in Bogota Colombia to help establish the Perpetual Education Fund that President Hinckly started a few years ago. It won't be a typical proselyting mission, but a perfect one for them. They will also be helping teach institute which will be nerve wracking for my mom, but my dad will coach her through it like he does everything else. He's such a people person and I know so much good is going to happen through them being there. They will miss a lot while they are gone, specifically Noah's baptism and Jordan's high school graduation (hopefully no births), but they felt an urgency to leave so they could be home to say good-bye to Jordan a few months before he leaves on his mission. We are all going to miss them, but I'm so thankful for their example to all of us. I love them so very much. What a blessing and privilege to be their daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment