I had such a great day today. Heidi and I went up to Primary Children's and we got to visit with Michele and Gracie! Anyone that knows me knows that I don't drive to Salt Lake, but I took this giant step and terrifying trip because I love them so much! I only got us a little lost on the way. We met Michele at the front entrance and took her out to lunch at Paradise Bakery. It was so good to see her and to chat about everything! She has been through so much this last month and she is holding up remarkably well. It was so great to give her an outlet to vent a little bit, but most of all it was great to reconnect with her and just be "us." After lunch we went back to the hospital and we got to be with Gracie for a little while. She looks even cuter in person than in pictures on their blog. I think it's because in person, you can really feel her special little spirit and that makes her even more precious. She is just the tiniest little thing! I had seen her when she was just a week old, but I forgot how tiny she is. She slept the whole time we were there. I got to just stand there and rub her little foot the whole time. She is doing much better, but she still has a long way to go. They are starting to trial her off the ventilator which will be a huge relief to get out. Hopefully she can get off it in a week or so. She has had a setback with her feedings and has to go on fat free formula for a while. So for now they are just hoping to get her swelling down, the fluid drained from behind her lungs, and the ventilator out of her. She has been through more medical procedures in one month of life than most people will ever have to face. She looks good though and we just hope that she will get to come home soon. It was so hard to leave, but we had to get back to our kids coming home from school. We could have stayed there all day! If only to keep Michele company. I really look forward to holding her one day and helping Michele with her this summer. Gracie is one little angel!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leslie,
That was so much fun today spending the afternoon with you and Michele and having lunch at paradise! YUMMY!!! Then to top the day off with seeing baby Gracie just made the day even better. She is so precious and I am with you I could just feel her sweet spirit. Thank you for a great day!
Love ya,
Heidi
I'm so sad I couldn't go today, I have a cold and didn't want to chance getting Michele or Gracie sick(they wouldn't even let me in) I haven't seen little Gracie since I took her pictures and I can't wait to see her again! I am glad you guys had a great time and enjoyed your visit!
P.S. Congrats on driving in the big city!
Post a Comment