Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July 2008


No, we didn't go to the Stadium of Fire (we couldn't even get into the website before the tickets were sold out), but we spent the day with Brendan's side of the family doing our yearly traditions. Tank wars, BBQ, lots of snaps for the little kids, climbing up the hill across the street at Timpview High School to see the Stadium of Fire fireworks, and then staying up till midnight doing our own "Cul-de-sac of fire." (We did miss Joe's homemade rootbeer though...what happened with that?) I think that Brendan's brothers get more into the 4th of July than they do even Christmas. We had SO MANY fireworks and had about 5-6 people lighting them for a non stop one hour show! The grand finale was great. Their neighbors brought out ice cream cones for the whole cul-de-sac which was a really nice treat. It was a LONG day, but I think it was another fun year that everyone will remember for a long time!

6 comments:

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

Looks like fun traditions! The tank wars are pretty original and look like a "blast"! Sounds like a long but fun day and with less of a crowd than the Stadium of Fire!

Melissa said...

Looks like great fun!

Winnie said...

It looks like you had a great day. I love spendin holidays with lots of relatives!

So, is the "cul-de-sac of Fire" the reason we kept hearing fire trucks screaming down the street?

Debbie Hadley said...

I need a copy of those cute pictures!

Julie and Carlos said...

What cool pictures and fun traditions for the 4th!
We miss you guys!
Julie

bunkerfamily said...

Oh My Gosh! And you think the Bunkers Party hey I think the Smiths are right there with us!!!!!! NOW we just need to PARTY TOGETHER!!!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!