It's such a rare evening where we are all together anymore, let alone have a few fun cousins visiting from Arizona that we decided to go up the canyon for some food, hiking, and fun! El Pollo Loco just opened up their first Utah location by Costco so this was a perfect opportunity to get some take out. We stopped by a picnic area up American Fork canyon and the kids had fun climbing on the rocks, sliding down the rocks, throwing rocks, etc. What is it with kids and rocks? After a few mandatory photos by mom, we decided to hike up the Timp Cave trail for the views even though we knew we were too late to get a tour through the cave. We came across a scary lady on the trail who was all by herself and started chatting away like we were her best friends. It looked like she hadn't combed her hair in months and she was carrying a little bag of garbage which I thought was stuff she was cleaning up along the trail. Then we noticed her car in the parking lot and saw that it was completely packed with junk and garbage! So I guess she was collecting souvenirs! It was the most beautiful weather ever and we rode back home with all the windows and sunroof open listening to Jordan's I-pod songs! It was so nice to be together even if for just one evening!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Canyon time fun
It's such a rare evening where we are all together anymore, let alone have a few fun cousins visiting from Arizona that we decided to go up the canyon for some food, hiking, and fun! El Pollo Loco just opened up their first Utah location by Costco so this was a perfect opportunity to get some take out. We stopped by a picnic area up American Fork canyon and the kids had fun climbing on the rocks, sliding down the rocks, throwing rocks, etc. What is it with kids and rocks? After a few mandatory photos by mom, we decided to hike up the Timp Cave trail for the views even though we knew we were too late to get a tour through the cave. We came across a scary lady on the trail who was all by herself and started chatting away like we were her best friends. It looked like she hadn't combed her hair in months and she was carrying a little bag of garbage which I thought was stuff she was cleaning up along the trail. Then we noticed her car in the parking lot and saw that it was completely packed with junk and garbage! So I guess she was collecting souvenirs! It was the most beautiful weather ever and we rode back home with all the windows and sunroof open listening to Jordan's I-pod songs! It was so nice to be together even if for just one evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm jealous! I love going up the canyon, but haven't been in town long enough to plan the event! Looks like fun (aside from the scary lady!)
cute pictures! Too bad I missed out on the scary lady...ha ha!
Post a Comment