Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sacrament Talk

You know you are old when your "baby" is old enough to give her very first talk in Sacrament meeting! Yep, Allison spoke today and did a great job! She happens to be good friends with our Bishop's daughter so she got cornered while playing at their house, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. She spoke on Agency and Making Good Choices. She spent several hours on Friday and Saturday preparing her talk. We were just really impressed that she wrote the whole thing herself, looked up scriptures, and even borrowed Brendan's timer to time herself giving her talk (to herself) to make sure it was close to 5 minutes like the Bishop asked. She said it took her about 5 minutes after she was done to stop shaking. Her voice was understandably nervous sounding, but more surprising was how much she sounds like me! Not really sure if that's good or bad.

5 comments:

The Laurence Family said...

What a great talk you gave, Allison! (Don't tell the high councilman, but your talk was better.) ;) From your home teacher, Bro. Laurence

T Fowler said...

I agree with Bro Laurence, Allison's talk was great! We miss her in Primary, but it's exciting to see our Primary kids mature and grow their testimonies. Good Job, Allison!

shana said...

Allison did a great job! I didn't think she sounded nervous at all--In fact, I thought her talk was so good, I wondered if you or Brennon wrote it!

Melissa said...

Great job Allison! You are growing into a beautiful young woman and did a very nice job on your talk. Agency is such an important part of life and it's good to know you will be trying to make good choices.

Kent said...

Just came across your blog and wanted to add that I also enjoyed Allison's talk.