I'm so glad that Heidi invited me to join her and Kerri to attend Education week. I was only able to attend Wed-Fri, but I got so much out of it. I haven't been able to go since I was expecting Jordan 18 years ago. I explained to my kids that it was like Youth Conference for grown ups, then they kind of got it-
We attended 4 classes each day and brought our little sack lunch to eat as we walked from one class to another. It was such a great feeling to be walking across a college campus during the day with your friends...oh the good old days. Some of our favorite speakers were Randall Wright, Stan Crippen, Connie Sokol, and Merrilee Boyack. I ended up going to one class on my own because while Heidi and Kerri wanted to learn how to Feel Fit and Fabulous (I don't let things like that become a priority in my life, if you can't tell already) I felt I needed to go to a class about overcontrolling parents (you think?) It was SO enlightening and only reaffirmed what I already knew about me and how to fix it. Another class that was awesome was one on "How to organize our time and home" and one on "How to help our kids feel the spirit." "Little things that count in a marriage" was also a great one. I took 19 pages of notes and have to figure out how to slowly incorporate these things into our family without overwhelming them.
We finished the last day with a trip to the BYU bookstore to get mint brownies only, but ended up finding a treasure of cute book bags for our girls to give as birthday presents to their friends for only $4.00. It was a great way to start off the new school year and I'm so thankful for friends that help me become better in all areas of my life.
Even though I left at the same time my kids left each morning and was home before they got back, they asked me each day if I would be gone again. I'm glad that they feel a sense of safety knowing that I'm home holding down the fort. It just reaffirmed to me the fact that I need to stay home and I'm so grateful that I can and for all the things that I learned this week to help me be a better mom, wife, homemaker, and daughter of God.
6 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous! I love education week. I'm glad you got to go. How fun and uplifting.
So Awesome!
I'm glad you got to go.
Pam
Looks like you guys had a great time! I wanted to go so bad but couldn't fit it into my schedule, darn it! Oh well, maybe next year...What a great photo of all of you!
How great! It looks like you had a good time! Everytime education week rolls around and I hear of all the great fun everyone is having, I wonder why I don't go. I am totally going next year! 5 isn't to young to be left home alone right?
That was SOOOOOOO much FUN!!! I was in GREAT Company and learned soooooo much!!!! Thank you for going with me I love your influence and excitement for life. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.
oh, i need to hear the one about controlling parenting--i'm raising a controling daughter. i need to stop.
Post a Comment