I know, I know...I'm freaking out looking at these pictures too.
A year from now Jake will be able to get his learner's permit so why not start practicing at the church? Brendan took Jake out just for fun this past weekend when the parking lot was empty. Other than parking for Sunday meetings, isn't the other main purpose of church parking lots to provide a place for everyone to learn how to sit behind the wheel for the first time?
I wasn't with them, but Jake told me that it was a good thing no one was there or he would have taken out at least 5 cars. Parking and backing out of a spot were the hardest, he said (for this lesson anyway). Of course that is why we practice for a long time before the real thing. He got to drive the car home, but stopped at the driveway. Squeezing into our tight spots in the garage is a challenge even for me sometimes. Poor Jake, he said that after this first time, he's not too excited anymore about driving..."It's a lot harder than I thought and it's scary to be in control of a real car." I'm not too worried about it--he'll get the hang of it soon enough...unfortunately. Thank goodness Jordan will be on his mission when Jake turns 16 because the insurance on two teenage boys....I don't even want to think about it.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Just practicing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh yikes! I'm glad that Brendan was able to teach Jake to drive. I'm sure that will be Brad's job when the time comes. There's no way my poor heart would be able to handle it.
That cannot be my little Jake behind the wheel!!! What the heck? Your kids are growing up way to fast!!
I've spent the last 1/2 hour checking up on your blog and can't believe the last month you've had. I'm so glad that Jordan is doing well and Alison is healing. Tell Jake to take it slow (especially in our neighborhood!) and have fun learning to drive and parallel park!
How fun for Jake! I remember the good old days of driving in the church parking lot. I'm glad he's getting lots of practice! (-:
Totally true of church parking lots. Much safer then letting them practice on city streets.
How fun for Jake, but how scary for mom. I'm glad I don't have to deal with my kids learning to drive for a few more years.
:-)
Pam
You've got to be kidding me! Now I feel really old!
Oh my Gosh!!!! Our kids are getting to BIG!!!! But if theres any of Riley's friends that I trust it would be Jake to drive him around. He is very smart and a very careful kid. Way to go JAKE!!!!!!
Post a Comment