Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twilight

We finally saw Twilight last weekend. We were at a party celebrating Mac McGuire's 50th birthday and started chatting with Emily Peden (our friend's cute 14 year old daughter). She started on how incredible Twilight was and told us she had seen it 4 times. It was 9:15 pm and we got in our spontaneous mood and said, "lets go see the 10 pm showing of Twilight." We invited Emily to come along and she was jumping up and down at the chance to see Edward for the 5th time! Allison was ecstatic! I have debated about her being able to read the books, and have decided against it because they're just too mature for her right now. So don't ask me why it was no big deal for us to make it a family trip to the movies. Anyway, long story short...She loved it...she loved Edward...she loved Bella...but what else would you expect from a pre-teen girl? Brendan and the boys said it was good and gave it a thumbs up. Me? Not so sure. I've never really liked the character of Bella...I'm much more like the Alice character and loved how she was portrayed. Anyway, I thought it was just ok. Twilight is my least favorite of the 4 books and I am very much looking forward to the sequels coming up! I missed all the lead up to the Prom and remembered Jacob being more of a prominent character. Many people have told me it's much better the second time so maybe we'll give it a try sometime again soon.

3 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm so glad you got to see it, and even the boys went...impressive! I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would, but as usual, you just miss so much in the movie that you get from the book.

Me, Myself and I said...

I agree....book is ALWAYS better than movie...this is no exception - but FUN to go spur of the moment and see it!! It will be interesting to see the next ones...

Melissa said...

Life has slowed down enough that Craig and I are finally going this Friday night! I can't wait!!! I loved the books and know the movie can never match them, but I'm still pretty hyped up over it! Glad you went.