We got the long awaited admissions decision email just now....
Jordan was admitted to BYU!!!!
(I had to change my text color because this just doesn't look right in red)
My heart is pounding and my fingers are shaking. I'm so bummed that I turned on the computer just after he left for school so he doesn't know yet. I was thinking of texting him or checking him out of school, but instead I'm going to go clean the pig-sty of his room (including his nasty fishbowl), go down to the BYU bookstore to get some BYU stuff and balloons, and decorate his room with the printed Email on his bed. It will match perfectly since he already has a BYU themed room with a bold navy blue stripe on his wall that has "Rise and Shout The Cougars Are Out" painted on it.
I can't wait to see his face when he walks into his room later today!
I'll post a photo in a few days...I can't download any pictures right now because our computer is in the "hospital" and won't be back until Monday (I'm using an old lap top of Brendan's right now.)
Yes, I'm excited to say the least. This is something that Jordan has always dreamed of. He has worked so hard in school to keep up his grades despite all of the extra curricular activities that he does including a part time job. He's kept up a 4.0 all year, but that darn 23 on his ACT worried us because BYU is so strict and it's so hard to get in. As Brendan said this morning though, his low ACT score was off-set by his leadership responsibilities in sports, scouts, and the community. I also attribute it to prayers offered by his grandparents. I know all four of them have been praying for a "YES" and it seems that when they are in your corner, things always work out. Jordan is lucky to be loved so much by them. It's not like this was a life or death matter, but it means so much to Jordan and is such a huge step toward his future. I've been on my knees thanking our Heavenly Father for this huge blessing and an answer to our prayers.
GO COUGARS!
I just wanted to add a copy of the admissions letter for us to have in our family journal (our blog)...
Dear Jordan:
The Admissions Committee is delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to Brigham Young University to begin Fall 2009. Through your preparation and personal achievements you have distinguished yourself from a very strong group of applicants. We believe you will make a positive contribution to our BYU community. It is a great pleasure to welcome you to our campus to pursue your educational goals.
Once you have determined whether or not you will attend BYU, indicate your decision on the "Accept Decision" tab below. If you change your mind, simply come back to this page and select the appropriate response again. You have 30 days from your original acceptance date to make your final decision. Please note that if you select "I will not attend," it will restrict you from registering for classes.
Please click on the links below to find answers to frequently asked questions ranging from scholarships to housing. Please review this information carefully.
Best wishes as you finish this school year. We encourage you to continue to excel in the classroom and to maintain the standards outlined in the University Honor Code. Congratulations on your accomplishments!
Warmest regards,
R. Kirk Strong
Director of Admission Services
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh yay and hurray!!! Good job Jordan, you are a remarkable young man!
(Be sure to take pictures of his reaction when he sees his true blue room.)
Congratulations! How awesome!!!
And what a nice mom, cleaning his room...but not for much longer, huh? :)
WAA HOOO!!!! Congrats Jordan! That is great news! I know you have been anxiously awaiting this news. Leslie, you are such a cute Mom, I can't wait to see a picture of his room.....GO COUGARS!!!
Nice, I'm sure he'll be so excited. That's a huge accomplishment, I'm sure you're so proud of him! Have fun with the "big reveal" later today. Let me know how it goes.
CONGRATULATIONS JORDAN !!!!!!!
And parents as well, I know both of you have worked just as hard as Jordan, to make this possible.
What an awesome day!
Pam
CONGRATS BRENDAN AND LESLIE.....and YOU TOO JORDAN!!! I am THRILLED as I can be!! You are an outstanding young man - and what a GREAT example you have set! BYU will be a better place with you there! LOVE YOU!!!
Congratulations!! That is so awesome!! What an exciting adventure to look forward to.
Way to go Jordan! You will love it down there! Glad to see all the hard work paid off and your getting your dream!
Congrats Jordan! I'm glad that you were able to get into the school you've always dreamed of; although WHY that school isn't the University of Utah I can not understand... They have the best ballet program in the state. I thought football players were comfortable in tights.
Wink, Julie
Post a Comment