Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Before and After

Here are photos of Jordan's normal everyday room (well, except that it's clean which isn't normal). How can you grow up in this bedroom and go to the University of Utah? No way!


Yeah, I'll admit...I went a little crazy at the BYU bookstore, but this is a once in a lifetime thing!

Jordan had planned to go to Wingers after school on Friday like they used to do every week before their football games. While he was there, I texted him and told him that I knew he planned on going to the Lehi Basketball game that night (hence, the wacky retro basketball get-up he's wearing in the picture) and then to a friend's birthday party. I said that he COULD NOT go out tonight if he didn't come home and clean his room and put away his laundry. He came home around 4:00 and grudgingly walked up the stairs to do his "chores." He opened his door, looked around, and said, "I guess this means I was accepted to BYU?!!" His friend Jake (Ocho as we all call him) had come home with him and heard the commotion and ran upstairs. Together they went though all of his stuff and read through the acceptance letter. He loved everything and has been dressed in head to toe BYU for the last few days (except for the Lehi game because it was Retro night and they all had their outfits planned---I know boys don't use the word "outfits" but you know what I mean).

Here is an email that he wrote to my parents in response to a congratulations that they sent him from their mission (He really can spell and write well, but he was in texting mode):

"Thanks so much. I love you too. I'm so excited to go to BYU! I've been wanting to go there my whole life!! I might try and play football there too. I'll just try out after my mission. It'll be tough though. Last year they only let like 6 people on the team who tried out without scholarships, but we'll see. I'll have to work really hard! I just want it all to happen already! i wanna leave on my mission now so i can come back and get my life started! but most of all i wanna leave and teach the gospel asap. i cant wait. well i love you guys! and i hope you guys stay safe over there! Love Jordan"

Big Plans - Big Dreams - I'm excited to see them start to come true!

8 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

Leslie, you are so awesome to go to so much effort to make that such a special moment, but then again, Jordan is a pretty awesome kid too. :)

Winnie said...

I loved this post! It made me so happy.

I noticed you changed your background color from red to blue. Well played, Leslie.

Debbie Hadley said...

Jordan you are one spoiled kid! Leslie, his room looks awesome and I love the new blog colors too. I'm glad that Jordan is looking forward to the next stage of life. I loved loved LOVED going to BYU!

T Fowler said...

All of that blue and Y's made me so happy. Jordan will have an amazing time at BYU and I'm so happy he gets that experience.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

So Cute!
That must have been a fun shopping trip, you are so clever to make him think he was coming to clean his room. Awesome!
And what a fun message to his grandparents, he is so grown up, it's a little sad.

P.S. LOVE the baby pictures of the kids on the blog, especially Jake looking like a little man. Sooo many fun memories.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan congrats on your acceptance to Byu!!! I am so excited for you. You don't realize how much of an insperation you are to me!!! I am so dumb, when your mom posted these pics I started to cry!!! I am so glad that you have awsome goals for your life! I know that you will be able to full fill everyone of them you are Soooooo Awsome, I am so happy that I get to be a part of your life! And your parents are awsome too for raising such an awsome man! Hope I can do as awsome of a job as a parent.

Lisa Loeffler said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations to Jordan...I am so proud of him - what a HUGE accomplishment! I remember when I got accepted to BYU, I felt soooo cool! Seriously, you guys must be bursting with pride!

Me, Myself and I said...

RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT!! Congratulations again Jordan! What a GREAT thing!! SO blessed to be your aunt!! LOVE YA!!!