Monday, April 7, 2008

On Gracie Watch

This is where I found Jake and Allison (and myself ) all weekend...checking the Gledhill's blog for an update on our new favorite baby...Gracie. They must have read and re read the whole thing 4 or 5 times each! Gracie was taken off all life support on Friday and wasn't expected to make it. No one at PCMC's PICU has ever made it off successfully after being on the ECMO machine for 10 days and being as critical as she was. The doctors and nurses are truly amazed. We all witnessed a miracle straight from heaven this past weekend. Not only did she make it, but she turned a corner yesterday and is tolerating getting off much of her medication. Her lungs are still a little bit of a concern, but she is one little fighter! Jake said that he feels like Gracie is his own little sister because he just loves her so much. We look forward to her continued recovery so that we can all go visit her soon. We grew so much closer as a family this week as we prayed so hard for her and took turns being on Gracie watch.

4 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

What a miracle! I hope she continues to do well.

bunkerfamily said...

Leslie,
Jake is so CUTE! he is so lovable and kind! Our family has been doing the same thing for the last couple weeks but I never thought to take a picture. That is such a tender moment to get a picture of. We to have grown so much as a family and have realized Heavenly Fathers hand in the miracle of Gracie. We thank him everyday for answeing our prayers.
Love,
Heidi

shana said...

Can you imagine this whole experience for Michele(and family) and all of us if she didn't have her blog? I can't even imagine just wondering how she was doing each day. This type of technology is sooo amazing and in this situation has touched so many lives! Spencer too is in love with little Gracie, he wants to go see her so bad...I keep telling him for now the blog will have to do. Cute idea to take a picture of your kids watching her:)

Matchbox Mom said...

Hi! I found your blog from Gracie's blog, and I have to say..your family is ADOREABLE!!