Saturday, June 14, 2008

Here we go...

This is from Brendan...

Leslie opened the newspaper Thursday, turned to the sports page and was greeted by this picture of Jordan at football practice. He's been doing great and will most likely be the starting quarterback this year. He will also play safety on the defense and even receiver sometimes. He's been looking forward to this year for a long time and is very hopeful for a good season. I told him Thursday night to be ready for the onslaught from the local newspaper. They will print good and bad about him this season. He needs to have a thick skin and just concentrate on doing his best, not worrying about what some reporter thinks. Here we go, this is the start of it. It's a cool little article about student athletes still working hard at school, practicing their sports over the summer. Football season starts when school gets out for us. Jordan lifts weights Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday's at 7am and he walks through offensive plays, watches film, and runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 9pm. On Saturdays he has 7 on 7 tournaments at every major college in the State and football camp in July. He'll also be running a football camp for the youth football program with some of the other seniors (It's very weird calling him a "senior"). Working at the car wash and going out with friends are how he fills the rest of his time. What a busy kid. We NEVER see him anymore. But what a FUN time of life he is in. Enjoy it Jordan, it will be over before you know it.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your first post Brendan! Jordan's schedule makes me tired just reading it - what a busy boy. I hope he has an awesome football filled year!

Cindy Smith said...

Wow, that is crazy, busy times. It's cool that he got his picture in the paper, I'm sure there will be much more to come. Keep us updated!

Sarah said...

I can't believe he's going to be a senior!!! what the???

he's so awesome! it's great for kids to be busy at that age... keeps em out of trouble! I used to day dream about going to all his games when he was a senior.. maybe come fall we'll move to utah...yeah!!! we sure love you jordan!

Debbie Hadley said...

Oh, I'm sad I didn't see that in the paper. How fun! You are awesome Jordan!

Julie and Carlos said...

This is why I am never having teenagers. I'm already busy enough. My kids know that they are not to grow up. Had you told that to Jordan you might see him more often.