
My sister in law, Julie, suggested that I do this test that she had on her blog to see how we match up to a 1930's housewife. Now I am absolutely no Martha Stewart, but I am a homebody and LOVE to be home cleaning, organizing, and doing laundry (I know I have a thing with that). But just don't look too closely at my toilets and tubs! I guess I would have been alright back in the 30's considering it was the depression era and it seems like we're in it all over again with the ridiculous gas and food prices. Take the test below as it only takes about 2 minutes and see how you do.
What I love is that there is a different set of questions for men. I knew Brendan would score off the charts because he really is one in a million! So while I had a respectable score, his was amazing.
What can I say...I'm a lucky wife! He is very efficient at everything he does and when there is something that needs to be done he just gets it done. He works really hard at work, but he's not one to linger around the office. He enjoys being home just like me. He helps me with the dishes every night and is Mr. Handy. There is nothing that he can't fix from cars to washing machines, from roofs to electronics...he even fixed my mom's sewing machine once. He coaches the boy's football teams and loves to watch chick flicks with me (ok, maybe not "loves" but certainly "likes"). He enjoys plays and dance concerts almost as much as he enjoys sporting events. He'll take Jake golfing, Allison to the movies, and Jordan to Jazz games. Every Saturday morning we get in his car and have what we have come to affectionately call "our weekly date." We go to Costco, fill up on gas, buy a few things there, go to Walmart to finish up our grocery list, then go to Kohlers to buy bread for the sacrament (since that is part of his calling as YM 1st counselor and the ward has an account there.) If we are lucky we will sometimes get a drink or hot dog at Costco to split. It's our thing to share a drink everywhere we go. Sometimes we'll even venture out to Orem on special errands. I know you are all jealous of our romantic weekend tradition, but it's our time to catch up and we have come to really look forward to it. Movies and eating out are much more fun with our kids so we rarely do that alone. I've loved Brendan since I was in high school, but I adore him to pieces now. I am so blessed to be loved back by this amazing man!
3 comments:
cute
You both are awesome! And lucky to have each other.
i knew you would score high on that test! But, I had no idea about Brendan! Wow! And, I do think that your weekly date sounds dreamy because we rarely even get that time! Trips to costco together are fun!
Post a Comment