Thursday, August 14, 2008

Give me a break...please

It's times like these that I have to remember to count my blessings . This week I have had to really count them one by one to get through it. I totally understand that things come up and it's all part of life, but do all those things have to happen all at once? I'm not fishing for sympathy comments, but sometimes you just have to vent a little bit to get it off your chest. So here goes....

If you think you're having a bad day, then read about my week to feel lot's better...

We started off with Jordan's back issue that led us to the Emergency room and subsequent MRI. Thank goodness there was nothing serious.

Allison had a severe allergic reaction to chemicals in a friend's hot tub. She has a rash all over her chest, back, neck, and face and had to go to the doctor and is on medication...just what every twelve year old wants to have all over her body on her first day of Jr. high!

Jake pulled a ligament in his knee at football practice and is hobbling around now. He'll have to sit out his first game this Saturday and hopefully heal quickly to get some playing time in a week or two...just when he felt that he was really in shape and able to run without it killing him.

Jordan rear ended his boss (of all people) last week. Thank goodness for insurance because the damage to his boss' car was $900 and his own car was $3100! Jordan was responsible for the insurance deductible for his accident and the increase in insurance premiums which is such bad timing now that he can only work on Saturdays because of his football schedule and school.

The rock chip that he had on his windshield cracked all the way across and that wasn't covered because the chip was pre existing so the windshield cost an additional $200. Then they tell us that the windshield molding may not seal all the way and could leak because of rust under his roof, but that's another $500 to replace so we told Jordan to keep a towel handy in the car on rainy days :).

His car is also up for inspection, emission, and registration this month.

Brendan took our Expedition up to Trek to help transport all the kids last weekend. When I drove it on Monday I noticed that the brakes didn't sound normal. I took it in and both front and back brakes needed to be replaced!

Brendan's Sebring needs 4 new tires to top that off.

All three boys needed to get Contact exams this week and a fresh new perscription of contacts ordered.

Has anyone paid school fees for one in high school and two in Jr. High? I had that privilege this week and I felt like I was paying for college tuition!

Not to mention everyone needed school clothes and shoes.

Oh, one more thing...football camp and uniform fees were due this week too.

I picked up the phone last night and it was the National Fire Fighters Association asking for a donation...FUNNY!

5 comments:

bunkerfamily said...

Oh Leslie, I here Firehouse is hiring (just kidding) I know just what will fix your BAD luck all you need is a girls night out!!!! LETS GO!!!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the pressure this week. Why is it that everything hits at once? Is it just so you feel like you will lose your mind? I hope things start looking up for you guys and if I happen to win the lottery this week - I'll share with you!

Debbie Hadley said...

So that's why you've been driving Jordan to football practice. If it makes you feel better, my clothes dryer quit working and I paid $300 to get it fixed today! Should have bought a new one. What a crappy week! I hope Allison and Jake get better soon. :-)

♥ Michele ♥ said...

What a bummer!! When it RAINS it POURS!! It's just not supposed to rain so much in August!!

Julie and Carlos said...

Wow - that's definately vent worthy. Why do these things seem to come all at once? I'll say a little prayer for peace and protection and you behalf!