Sunday, December 14, 2008

I have a new name

These last few weeks I haven't enjoyed the title of "Mom" very much. It's usually said with a whine or a complaint or an urgent demand. I don't get the "I love you so much mommy" moments anymore.

But I got a good payback last night. Jake was playing basketball with a couple friends when he texted me to see if he could go late night bowling with them and their parents. He promised parents are staying and there are no girls coming :). After hesitating a bit, Brendan and I figured that he's with great boys and we love their parents too so I replied an "ok."

I think I'll keep his text back to me in my phone for a long time. It said, "Thanks! You're the freaking best mom ever! You're the Bomb.com!" I didn't know that was the lastest lingo but I guess being the "bomb.com" is pretty cool. I'll take what I can get.

5 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Cute Jake!
Thats awesome.
Pam

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Soooo cute!!! Sometimes when I do something nice for the kids I say 'Who's the bomb?' And they all say 'Mom's the bomb, she's gonna BLOWWWWWWW!' So I guess we'll just have to take 'the bomb' as a compliment!!

Winnie said...

I love it! I always thought that you were da bomb, the .com just adds that much more.

Melissa said...

Wow - there really are benefits to teens having cell phones! Very sweet and something to be treasured.

Debbie Hadley said...

That's awesome! Next time he is mad at you just remind him that you're the "bomb.com"