Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moving on with Senior Life

We enjoyed a wonderful post season football banquet with Jordan and his teammates a few weeks ago. I was able to get some autograph balls for the seniors and had them printed with the Lehi school logo. They loved them, which is all that matters. Jordan received honors from his coaches for being "The Academic Team Player of the year," "Academic All-Region", and a nominee for "Academic All-State." He was also nominated to participate in the UHSAA Region Sportsmanship Summit Luncheon this last Friday at Timpanogos High School. It's quite an honor as only 10 athletes (including all sports) from each school got to go.


He had an MRI on his knee for pain, but it's just bad tendinitis. Lot's of physical therapy and time off from football should do the trick...except that now he starts basketball. "The Naughty Pirates" are a hilarious basketball team full of football players TRYING to play basketball.

He (and I) finally finished all the many hours of paperwork and computer work for his college applications. His plan (for now anyway) is to major in Finance. He applied to BYU, Utah State, University of Utah (even though he says now that it’s one of the last places on earth he’d want to go – too much cougar blue blood running through his veins), and Northern Arizona State. We have heard back from every school except for BYU. He has been accepted to all of them and has been offered a partial scholarship to Utah State. Of course, BYU is his number one choice, but we won’t know their admission decision until the end of February…His GPA says yes, but his ACT score says maybe. Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

Great job Jordan..."Academic player of the year!" We'll be praying for BYU, but at least you have a few back-ups. Congrats!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Congrats Jordan!
How fun. How can you be old enough to apply for college? *sigh*
Best wishes with BYU!
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

NAU!!! NAU!!!! I want you to come to NAU!!!! You would only be like 2 hours away!! But BYU is where you heart is - so I hope you get what you want!! Is it possible? Our Jordie going to COLLEGE? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE!!! Love ya and GOOD LUCK!!! NAU NAU NAU NAU NAU NAU.....Oh wait - I mean BYU BYU BYU BYU BYU BYU BYU!!!!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

(This is Tom)
Jordan, did I not teach you anything about following the prophet?!?!? I think you would have a great shot at walking on as a DB up at the U! I'm really proud of all your many accomplishments, but prouder of the amazing young man you are!

Leslie, I wanted to send a great big huge THANK-YOU!!! You've been so amazing! You've been coming every week since before Michele even had Gracie to help make our house clean and provide a huge mental and emotional life for Michele. I think you and Jenny are truly one of the reasons Gracie has stayed healthy, because of all the deep cleaning you do. The home-made bread was soooo good! Michele for some reason has been a little busy, so that was a really great treat!

anyways, sorry for the epistle, but wanted you to know how grateful we are for you and your family.

BTW, Max and I loved playing football with your boys! Jake is a great player. Like Brendan, I was so sore that playing soccer that Saturday, I could barely kick the ball!! I'm glad it's only once a year because of the recovery time :)