I feel insensitive posting a non-Gracie thing right now. So much has happened in the last two days in the Gledhill family and I can't hardly think straight from worry over "my Gracie." Please continue to pray for her. But I need to get my mind on other things even if for just one minute.
Jake was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting last Sunday. He chose the topic of service which is just his thing. I loved how he said that "When some people think of service, they think 'Aw, boring!' or 'It's so much work,' but service can be so fun. Especially if you call a friend and do service together. Or better yet, if you help a friend with an assignment or their chores so they can 'hang out' with you sooner." (Notice how he's too grown up to use the word "play" anymore.)
Then he went on to give examples of the Savior's life and how we should pattern our lives after Him. Jake started to tell a story of how his Dad helped him so much last summer by giving him a priesthood blessing when he was really sick that allowed him to be well for just the hour he needed for his Eagle Court of Honor. As he was telling the story, he was using the word "AND" to bridge alot of his sentences. He got wrapped up in his story and continued, "And it came to pass...." He paused, looked around, couldn't believe that he had just said that in a story about himself, and starting laughing along with most of the congregation. Our stake president was there that day and he and the Bishop were both cracking up! Maybe it's one of those things that sound dumb unless you were there, but it was so cute! At least it was a good slip-up and proof that we are reading the Book of Mormon in our family.
I love my little Jakers!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
where was I? I totally missed that! I must have been wrestling with one of my four kids (alone!) I thought he did a great job!
Hilarious!
Reminds me of the sleep deprived girl on the radio who ended her weather report with "..and we say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen"...remember that one?
Cute Jake! That is classic!
Awesome!
Pam
Post a Comment