Sunday, February 22, 2009

A heart for Gracie

Another miracle has been granted to our little Gracie. After being on the transplant list for only a few days, they got a call last night that a match was found and Gracie will be getting her new heart today! She is currently in surgery and needs all the prayers she can get.

Of course, we are also praying for the surgeons hands to be guided by our Heavenly Father and for comfort for the amazing donor family whose lives changed forever last night.

Michele is incredible at describing the minute by minute details so please link over to Gracie Gledhill's blog for updates and details.

We love you Gracie! Hang in there!

4 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I have been praying for Gracie ever since I got you text last night. I just read her blog and it looks like things aren't going well....I can't even imagine! I just pray that a miracle will take place.

Julie and Carlos said...

Wow - what a miracle - so soon! I think that it is important to pray for the comfort of the donor family too. It is miracle that some spirits come to their earthly bodies for sometimes only hours, and have fulfilled their earthly responsibilities. They can then open the door for miracles to happen through donation. Wishing Gracie the best!

Cindy Smith said...

Wow, that really was fast, but like Debbie says, it looks lilke there are still some obstacles. I hope she can pull through. We will keep praying for her.

Marci said...

Leslie - Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog a while ago. I too have heard a lot about you from Michele (your famous hair bows business!), and I think it is such a blessing that she is surrounded by great friends in all she is going through. And I am sure she will need the support of her friends more that ever now. We are still praying hard for their family. They really are amazing! And inspiring! Thanks for being there for them, and all the other Gracie supporters!

Marci

P.S. Your family is GORGEOUS! And I love your blog!