Tuesday, February 3, 2009

These Is My Words

I recently finished my first book of the year. My mother in law recommended it to me after she read it in her book club. I wasn't sure about it at first because I really didn't feel like reading a "Pioneer story" at the time. But it's not really that at all. It is a fictional diary of Sarah Prine set in the Arizona Territories during the late 1800's. She's not LDS and it's not about crossing the plains. It's written as journal entries. Her naive and pure look on life is so refreshing. She has the courage and determination that I wish I could have. Even though I don't have the same day to day trials as she faced, I related to her on so many levels. She was just a simple girl growing up and learning along the way. She tries to do the best she can with what life gives her. She is funny, gracious, humble, thankful, and a HARD WORKER. The book made me so much more grateful for my life. The emotions described in the book became very real. When I was done reading it, I held the book close to me as I was sad to be done, but grateful for the adventures it took me on. If you want to good book to read, this is a short fast read that will change your life. We would all be better by being more like Sarah Prine with her quiet inner strength and determination.

4 comments:

Cindy Smith said...

I will have to check it out, sounds good.

Me, Myself and I said...

Knew you would love it.....it is a GREAT read with a great story....and a great reminder of how great life can be.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I remember Mom really liking that book.
I'll have to give it a read. but first I'm finally reading Harry Potter 7.
Then I'm considering the Twilight series. We'll see.
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

You finished it already? Good for you! I better get reading over here.