Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Old man strength

We have a saying in our family that the boys all mumble when they lose a wrestling match to anyone older..."it's just 'cause they have Old Man Strength." Last night I jumped off the couch to avoid the flying bodies and thought to grab my camera. It was an ordinary evening ... Brendan was getting ready to go to YM and Jordan had to go to a work meeting when all of the sudden, out of nowhere, they started at it. Brendan would usually win in about 5 seconds, but Jordan kept coming back for more! He had his dad pinned down for a good while, but the "old man strength" was too much for him. It used to be cute when Brendan would play rough with the boys when they were tiny, but they are much bigger and stronger now and they get pretty serious. Brendan and his younger brothers (who are all in their mid 20's and 30's) still can't control themselves when they get together. I swear it's in their blood! Jordan and his uncle Brian are only 6 years apart so their matches are quite even now. I think it's so funny to see them pouncing on each other while laughing and with huge smiles on their faces! It's hilarious to watch, but am glad that I'm a girl and don't have to join in! I'll just stand clear and take the pictures.

4 comments:

Winnie said...

I always knew it was important to child proof a home with little ones around but now I know I also need to man proof and boy proof it as well. Does anyone know where to get a deal on bubble wrap?

Sarah said...

love it!!

bunkerfamily said...

It must be a BOY thing! But how fun for them. I know your boys are strong, but there is something about being and Old Man that always wins!
Hey if all of you put on Brendens old t-shirts and put a pillow in the front and back you and Alyson can join in. We have done it before and its funny once your down its hard to get up, you just kind of roll around.

Debbie Hadley said...

Crazy Boys! Watching Jordan and Brian at the last family meeting was entertaining.