I have received several emails and comments from friends and family about who to write or how to sign a petition.
I looked up my representatives and congressman names on-line and emailed them a letter. It takes a few minutes, but not that big of a hassle if you want to take the time. Here is the link if you live in Utah. http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=UT
And if you happen to live in my same congressional district our Rep is Jim Matheson.
http://matheson.house.gov/contact.shtml
Click here http://www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/info.aspx to email a quick note to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission directly.
If you don't have the time to do that, but would like to sign a petition, click here http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/handmadetoys?e
It's free and takes less than a minute of your time. After signing it, the site automatically directs you to a page to make a contribution. Just exit out. You don't have to contribute any money, but your signature still goes through.
Ok, I've given you some options. Thanks for your support! It ultimately affects us ALL!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks Leslie, I have emailed our congressman and that Safety Commission site, maybe if enough of us speak up...
So frustrating. I can understand passing laws to keep things safe for kids, but this one is way over the top.
I've signed the petition. And will draft an email as well.
Pam
Thanks for putting this info out for us. I saw this story the other day and thought of you.
I saw you (well, your comments) in the Trib this morning and had to stop by. I totally agree with you on this and have already signed a petition. I will also be writing my reps.
Post a Comment