Monday, January 5, 2009

When life gives you lemons

Snow looks nice on Christmas movies, but shoveling it and driving in it and trying to stay warm during snow storm after snow storm...well, it gets to be old really fast!

So, as the old saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." And Jake knows how to make really good lemonade! Jake, Allison, and their cousin Cassie spent about an hour packing snow on our back deck stairs to make a ski ramp. The girls had fun sledding down it, but Jake got out his full ski gear. I filmed a little bit, but went in before he perfected his ski jump at the end.


6 comments:

Veronica said...

You guys look like us today - but with ALOT more snow!! Loved the video.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

How fun!
I needed a reason to smile about the snow today.
Arizona and Miami are sounding much better to me this time of year.
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

Looks like Chris and I aren't the only ski fanatics in the family! :)

I'm just glad you didn't have to post about any broken bones like us...

♥Stef said...

Oh fun...That reminds me of growing up when we would gear up, and ski/sled down a little hill in our backyard. I don't step outside anymore when there is snow on the ground! I need to make more lemonade. Our yard needs a snowman!

Julie and Carlos said...

That's awesome guys!

Debbie Hadley said...

What a creative idea to make a ski run off the deck!