Monday, May 12, 2008

Whew!







Can I just say that I am SO HAPPY that 6th grade projects are over - forever in our family. Well, I'm actually sad that the elementary years are over and there are no more fieldtrips, mother's day programs, dance festivals, and all the other wonderful things that go along with elementary school...but, 6th grade is a killer. It all started with the The Medievel Times packet which included a report, costume, tapestry, and projects right at the beginning. All I'm going to say is thank goodness for older brothers who saved their stuff! With grandpa on his mission and unable to lend his artistic talents, a little revision went a long way! Then it was on to the mandatory Science Fair Project with the lengthy research notes and notebook. I say mandatory because you can enter the sceince fair starting in 1st grade, but you don't HAVE to until 6th. And in our house we don't add to our stresses more than necessary! Then the fun continued with the Country Report which for Allison was a one month process of research (21 written pages), one week of typing it to an 8 page single spaced report, display poster, etc. She chose Colombia because her grandma and grandpa are serving a mission there right now, but I think any other country would have been more interesting . Having our two older boys, we know that it only gets better from here. But of course, it's not all fun and games in Jr. High and High School. Jake also had to do complex machine and a science project. Jordan has had several research papers in English and non-stop posters and projects in health, but if you can make it past 6th grade it's all downhill from there.

5 comments:

k8theriver said...

chloe starts kindergarten. i'm very ready to have her out of the house for a few hours but not ready for school work. i have a long road ahead.

The Laurence Family said...

Wow you've been busy! We're doing fourth grade reports and posters right now and I DREAD what's coming the next few years! Thank goodness we moms get homework breaks in the summer!

Melissa

The Laurence Family said...

P.S. I love the new blog look and colors! I liked the blue but I'm more of a muted colors girl. I love your "Why I blog" section - why didn't I think of that first? It looks great! And your prom picture rocks!

Melissa

bunkerfamily said...

Oh I remember the projects. Hey but dont get to comfortable yet I still have 4 more kids that have to do those projects and you never know when your good friend Heidi is going to need some help! After all what are friends for! Just kidding!
ENJOY!!!!!
Love ya,
Heidi

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow! What a milestone! Way to go Allison! I'm not looking forward to all the school projects. You are such a good Mom Leslie!