Tuesday, September 16, 2008

1st down, 6 to go...

You were all thinking this was another football post with 1st down and 6 YARDS to go, right? Did I fool anybody?

Allison has been working hard on finishing all of her value experiences and her project for Knowledge in her Personal Progress. She only just got serious about it the last few months but there's no stopping her now. Six values left to go. For her 10 hour Knowledge value project she decided that she would learn how to make bread. She got up early on Sunday and got the dough ready for four loaves of sourdough bread. Since it's made with a homemade starter, and not store bought yeast, it takes a long time to rise so we couldn't wait until the afternoon. I walked her through it and gave her some tips, but she was so proud of herself because she did it all by herself. She told her Dad, "Mom didn't even touch the dough!" I think Jake snuck a piece of the braided loaf before I could take a picture of it. Later this week we will finish it up completely after she makes some wheat bread and also some rolls and breadsticks for dinner. Before you know it, I'll be sitting around reading a good book, while my kids make dinner. Ok, well I can dream, can't I?

4 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow I'm impressed! That bread looks so yummy! When do I get to take classes from Allison?

Sarah said...

K, yum!! I need one of those... (not a bread mixer but an allison to come over to my house and make yummy bread :)

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Very Impressive,
Looks super yummy!
Makes me want to makes bread.
Pam

bunkerfamily said...

Allison I am so impressed. Thay look beautiful!!!!