Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Betcha didn't know...

Here are 50 things that you may or may not know about me. I'm totally stealing this idea from a friend's blog. It was so much fun to read and learn so many funny things about her that I wanted to do the same (except that I'm not funny like she is).
1. I'm a chicken when it comes to most things except for rollercoasters.
2. I have a special place in my heart for cinnamon rolls.
3. I cannot do math above the basics at all. Good thing I'm married to an accountant.
4. When I'm home alone, I like it quiet. No TV, no music, nada.
5. I love Mexican food, but it can't be even slightly spicy.
6. Jake's smile and dimples melt my heart.
7. I don't have a sister, but always just wanted an older brother. Now that I'm older (and don't have to share my stuff), I wish I had a sister.
8. Life doesn't get much better than when I'm getting a back rub or foot massage.
9. I don't like chocolate very much.
10. I'm a neat freak, but can't seem to keep my office uncluttered or my closets organized.
11. I always liked my male teachers and bosses a lot more than the female ones.
12. I love going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned.
13. Brendan was the first boyfriend that I had that I didn't get bored with or annoyed at after a few weeks. (Typical for a 15 year old, isn't it?) After 6 months went by, I was shocked. Now after 24 years of "dating" I try to not take him for granted.
14. I'm going to be an empty-nester in my mid forties!
15. I enjoy doing paperwork. Even paying bills is fun for me, just not the budgeting part of it.
16. I love having teenagers. I just hate waiting up for them, and worrying about them, and picking up after them...
17. I love watching football games. Jr. high, high school, and BYU only!
18. I love visiting factories and watching TV shows about how things are made.
19. When I'm on a plane, I say a silent prayer everytime during take-off.
20. I avoid politics. I'll vote, but don't talk to me about it.
21. I don't know how to whistle. I've tried. I can't.
22. I hate wasting time.
23. I love the word "LUNCH." I love how it sounds, I love saying it, and I love going out with friends to eat it.
24. I am terrified of drowning. Therefore, I am not a big fan of the ocean, boating, waterskiing, swimming, etc.
25. I love quoting movie lines with my family. Especially from Home Alone and Dennis the Menace---Classic quote material!
26. I don't like haunted houses, spooky rides, or scary movies. I'm a chicken, remember.
27. I HATE being cold, especially when I'm in a restaurant.
28. I love doing laundry. I have my year supply of detergent!
29. It makes me nautious to see gunk in-between people's teeth.
30. I don't mind exercising, it's just that I REALLY don't like to sweat, right Michele?
31. Peanut butter is one of my best friends.
32. Turf Pellets are the enemy.
33. I have an obsession with wiping countertops!
34. I REALLY love the smell of coffee. Been up to the coffee shop in the deli area of the Harmon's in Draper? HEAVEN!
35. I enjoy getting rid of stuff. There's no pack rat in me.
36. I hate getting my hair wet.
37. I love reading, but I can only get through 5-10 pages at a time before I fall asleep.
38. When I'm stressed or mad, I clean . And you wondered how I always have my house picked up :)
39. I have a super sensitive sense of smell. Even thinking of a bad smell can make me gag.
40. I love school supplies. Just walking down the school supply aisle makes me happy.
41. I love a good rainstorm. Thunder and all!
42. I enjoy baking, but (this is copied directly from Stef's blog) "I don't like cooking, anything, ...ever."
43. I don't go anywhere without my camera.
44. I am a home-body.
45. I love making to-do lists and crossing things off of them.
46. I like to travel and one of these days, I'll "bring you all back something French."
47. I get so sidetracked that it's hard for me to finish anything. You know like when you are making your bed and you notice that you haven't dusted your nightstands in months, but while you are getting your dust rag, you find a towel on the floor, so you go put that in the hamper and then you remember you have clothes in the dryer, so you start folding them, and then you see turf pellets all over the floor so you go get the broom....and your bed never got made, your nightstands are still dusty and....Oh ya, I was making this list.
48. I like fake jewelry. Especially earrings, "long dang-i-ly ones."
49. I marvel at people who can sing, who are naturally funny, and who can design cute blogs! That's a cry for help people!

AND #50:
I have way too many things to do to be making lists like this.

8 comments:

♥Stef said...

Super cute Leslie! So fun to get to know you better. You are way more talented than me, but I already knew that! I forgot to add baking to my list of dislikes in the kitchen. Could you bring me over something delicious soon?
Unless it's frozen and cost me $20 from a kid selling it to me at the door, I don't ever have yummy items baking in my oven.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

LOVE the post. Really cute, and super fun to read!
I may have to steal the idea.
:-)
Pam

k8theriver said...

chloe loves the smell of coffee. that is probably her favorite aisle (after toys).

♥ Michele ♥ said...

How fun Leslie!! You are a good writer! I can relate to A LOT of things on your list! Now, you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to do a kick butt work out with TONS of sweat!! (LOL!)

Julie and Carlos said...

I love this! I don't think that I could even think of 50 things about myself....

Sarah said...

fist of all, don't say your not funny, because, that was! You are a very clever writer. I loved it. and I really learned a lot about you that I didn't know. but one thing I did know, you are so organized!!! Isn't it the red one? personality type that is.

Debbie Hadley said...

That was so fun to read. We actually have a lot in common. #47 is the story of my life! I also love school supplies...I still have the pink pencil box that I used in grade school along with many of the pens and pencils.

Melissa said...

Wow - more things in common! It amazes me how similar we are! I hate flying but love traveling and France is great - I hope you get there soon. Love the feeling of running my tongue over teeth just cleaned by a professional. Completely easy to side-track, especially while cleaning my house and noticing all the other non-clean parts. You probably saw my blog post about how much I love rainstorms. I hate my over sensitive sense of smell (as does my family who hears about it). And I HATE to sweat! Sounds to me like you are pretty nearly perfect!:)