I had to put up this cool picture of Jordan, Ben, and Bo that one of the photographers just took during a game opener. I just love these guys...if you can't already tell since I've replaced our family picture for them. But I'll put "us" back on in November. Football season only has a few weeks left and then the mourning will begin in our family. We've always been able to feel better knowing that there's always next year, but this time there won't be a next year for Jordan and most of his teammates. Of course, they would all love to play college football, but the reality is that it just won't happen for most of them. This is it and we are all trying to soak in every minute of it. Ok, I'm not going to start getting all sentimental yet because we still have 4 games left and I'll host the pity party later. For now...it's game time!Oh, by the way...It was my turn to be in charge of doing the team dinner last night. "WHEW" is all I can say. It's not everyday that I go buy and prepare enough food to feed 100 people, let alone 100 football players. We served pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, chips, and ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce. I had help from 5 fabulous team moms so that was wonderful! Allison and Angelina Dew manned the drinks and did a great job. Everyone was fed and a few got seconds but we pretty much ran out of everything! As one of the moms said to me though, "You could have prepared double of everything that was out and it still would have been gone. If there's food left, they'll just keeping coming for more!" So true. Our guest speaker fell through the night before so I tried to scramble for a fun game for 15-18 year old boys (or should I say "men") to play. I came up with the idea of tug-o-war. We did sophomores vs. juniors first. Sophomores outnumbered them almost 2-1 so they won. Then the soph. played the seniors and the numbers won out again. The soph. team then divided up offense vs. defense and so and and so on until we crowned one champion. It got really rowdy and we had to do several heats over because all the juniors and seniors had a hard time not jumping in on one side or the other. The point was to have fun and build team unity. I think it was achieved. I'm glad it's over though. Boy, what a day!
3 comments:
That is a pretty good pic! It sounds like the dinner went off great, although if you would have asked me how it would go before it happened, I would have the same answer. There are few people with the organizational skills as Leslie Smith!
Now go find a comfy spot to sit in and enjoy a good read, you deserve it.
Hello SUPER MOM!!! I'm glad it turned out great and that you found a game that worked.
p.s. That picture is great!
I love the picture! Good job on hosting the dinner!
Post a Comment