The Dr. said she'll need her braces for about 14 months. I'm sure the top thing on her Christmas list next year will be to get them off. Her bottom braces will be put on in a few months once the top teeth move out of the way a little bit. So far, she's been great with just a little Tylonel. We're really proud of what a trooper she's been because Allison usually makes it very well known when she is in the slightest bit of pain. Her lips and mouth have done just fine dealing with the sharp brackets. Her biggest dilemma of the whole process was trying to decide what color rubber bands to get.
She chose purple, of course!
4 comments:
You're lucky Allison, 14 months isn't very long. It looks like those bands are purple, very fitting for a member of the Smith family! Good luck with the sore teeth, it will get better.
She looks so cute in braces. What a good sport, Emma and Rachel would have been very unhappy if I posted pictures of them with their mouths stretched open.
Allison, be glad that it's only 14 months... I had an orthodontist who put them o n WAAAAAAAY to early and my mouth was still growing so by the time they came off - my teeth shifted and I had to get them back on AGAIN. (My sister too. Not a good orthodontist. A money maker in my opinion.) I was was in braces from 5th grade until I was dating at 16!
Anyone who lets their mom post pictures of them with the rubber lip spreader in place deserves the highest commendations! Way to go Alison!!! Your braces look great.
Post a Comment