This past Saturday I looked on our calendar and saw that I had absolutely nothing going on. The kids had a few plans but nothing for me.
I slept in and then just sat up in bed to continue reading "Breaking Dawn." I'm finally getting around to it. I stayed in my jammies the whole entire day. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't ever do that unless I'm deathly sick. I did eventually move down to the couch and finished reading an Oprah magazine and then back to my book. I didn't cook anything, I didn't wash any dishes, and I didn't shower until 4 pm!
Brendan went to a Young Men's activity in the morning and then to the BYU game with Jason. They took Allison to play with her cousins all afternnon at Brendan's mom and dads since his sister was here from Arizona. Jordan was gone on his day date for Homecoming and Jake was busy making plans with his friends.
I did have to take Jake to Liberty land (but I did it in my jammies.) He and his friends went to volunteer to work in the haunted house. Afterall, they give you a whole candy bar when you're done. But I guess the point is being able to scare people.
Jordan ran to the store to buy a new shirt and tie after his day date. He was running late and so I pulled my lazy behind off the couch and ironed his shirt for him.
With an empty house and my reading in full swing I realized how nice it was to have a whole day without the TV on! We had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner when Brendan and Allison got home. I have to say I had a pretty great day wrapped up in the vampire world of Edward and Bella!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
that sounds really nice.
Everyone needs a day like that!
You should have seen Allison helping us quilt at Grandma Howards.
She was nervous at first, but she learned really quick, and was a big help. It was fun to hang out and talk to her while we quilted. She is really growing up so much, I just love her to death.
Pam
That sounds like my kind of day! How relaxing!
I just finished reading Twilight, so I am a little behind you. Solei has finished the second book, but we had to return it to the library when we moved so I guess I will have to see if I can find one here...
I'm in my pj's every day til about noon, however I don't have the luxury (not yet-too many little people needing help) of reading or staying in my bed. I'm sure that day will come too soon! You're just a step ahead of me--it gives me hope to think I might have a day or two like that in the future. Glad you took advantage of your "free day" you deserve it!
I'm so glad you got a day to relax, you totally deserve it! Besides, the Stephenie Meyer books kind of make you do that weather you want to or not. We had a great time teaching Allison how to quilt! <-:
That sounds like a wonderful day! I think everyone should have a day like that once in awhile. I think I'll propose it to my family and see what they think of the idea.
It's about time you lounged around for once!! Good for you! Now I won't feel as bad when you show up to my door and I am still in my pajamas!
I love days like that because they are way too few and far between. I hope you enjoyed it and have another one coming soon. How did ya like the vampire series? I found them totally addicting! Can't wait for the movie this month!
Post a Comment