Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloweens Past

In honor of Halloween I added my favorite "spooky" song, don't know the name of it but it's the one from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion ride. Just hearing it puts me back to the happiest place on earth!
I hate the fact that kids keep growing up! Halloween just isn't as cute with teenagers. No more family group themes, no more school parades, no more taking them trick or treating (well, that one I can live without). So to add some "cuteness" to my blog, I will revisit Halloween Memory Lane.Cuteness pretty much ended there. Not really sure how Igor, Dracula, and Baby Bop go together but look at Allison's cute little face! Oh well, we try to still have a little fun with big kids now. Here are a few photos from a year or two ago minus the "cuteness" factor.A tradition is to have a crazy meal to celebrate the night. Last year I made Oven Baked Chicken "Witch hands."

7 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Cute Halloween pictures
Puts me in a nostalgic mood.
The Witch hand chicken looks creepy and super fun at the same time.
:-)
Pam

Julie and Carlos said...

Aw, it just makes me grateful that my kids are still at that fun Halloween age. I love it!

Winnie said...

Oh stop! Those pictures are way too cute!! I love the luscious locks on Jordan(?) as Cap'n Hook. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for cute kids costumes this year. At least I still have Caleb to dress up.

Cindy Smith said...

Cute pics! Love the spooky dinner idea...hmmm...what could I cook up tonight? :)

Debbie Hadley said...

Oh those pictures bring back fun memories. You were so good at having a costume theme for your kids. I love the pics of you and Brendan.
p.s. Great spooky music!

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

What cute photos! I've seen that Oz photo on your bookshelf and have always thought it was cute. Back when I just had Isaac and Ainsley I thought I would copy the idea but since then have decided it probably won't work so I will just enjoy your cute kids!

Melissa said...

You and Brendan looked great in your costumes and your kids ideas were all very cute. I love the enthusiasm on Jordan's face in his last picture. Halloween excitement at its best!