Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday and I wish I could give him a hug and say "Happy Birthday Dads!" But I'm not even sure how to get a hold of him as they are traveling around Colombia visiting with Stake Presidents all over the country this month and next. Today also marks their half way point on their mission. So in honor of my Dad, I thought I would write the top 10 lessons I've learned from him so far.
10. Life is too short to not take vacations.
9. Always look on the bright side of things and on the good side of people. Stay positive and good things will happen.
8. If you're tired, take a nap.
7. One of the main purposes of life is to spoil your grandkids.
6. There is absolutely nothing more important than FAMILY.
5. Nothing learned in life is a waste...not even math! He had to say that sentence to me over and over again when I was in high school taking Trigonometry.
4. Speaking kindly, even when disciplining, goes a long way.
3. The key to a happy marriage is to love your spouse more than yourself.
2. When you have kids, never EVER book a hotel unless you have made sure that it has a pool!
1. And in spite of my incredible Dad, I've learned that patience is a virtue...especially while waiting to be seated in a restaurant. Right, family?

I love you Dads. I hope that when you read this, you'll know how much I love you, miss you, and appreciate ALL the many sacrifices you have made in your life to make mine better. You are the best and we are all so blessed that get to call you Dad and Grandpa! Hope your day was great!~

1 comment:

Debbie Hadley said...

I hope your dad has a great B-day! Totally agree with number 8!(-: